Are you interested in learning an easy way to count the number of text or sentences in your article before posting it on your website?
Benefits of Counting text in an Article
Counting the text you’ve written has several benefits that can help in various situations. Here are some of its benefits:
- Assessing Text Length: By counting text, you can quickly assess how long or short the text you’ve written is. This is useful to ensure that you adhere to any word limits that may be set, such as in school assignments, essays, articles, or reports.
- Meeting Requirements: Many tasks, contests, or publications have word count limitations. By counting text, you can ensure that the text you write complies with the specified requirements. This is important for your work to be accepted or evaluated correctly.
- Optimizing Web Content: In the digital world, content length often impacts readability and SEO. Counting text helps you determine if your content is informative enough and aligns with SEO goals (Search Engine Optimization).
- Managing Text Length: Counting text helps you adjust the length of text as needed. For instance, in academic assignments or publications, there are often word count limits that must be followed. Counting text ensures you do not exceed these limits.
- Enhancing Readability: Keeping text at a manageable length can enhance readability. Readers generally tend to engage more with text that is neither too long nor too short.
- Meeting Publication Requirements: Many publishing platforms, both print and online, have word count limitations for each article or contribution. By counting text, you can ensure that your writing meets these requirements before submission.
- Editing Efficiency: Editors and collaborating writers benefit from counting text. It aids in planning and organizing the editing process more efficiently.
Furthermore, many webmasters recommend that a good article should have more than 400 text, with the condition that the text or sentences you write should still be relevant to the article’s title.
Counting the number of text is important because many bloggers offer article writing services. These articles are priced based on how good and how many text are written in the offered content.
Without further ado, let me provide you with tips on how to count the number of text or sentences in your article before posting it on your website.
2 Ways to Count Written Text
Method 1: Using Microsoft Word
On MS Word
Counting the number of text using Microsoft Word is very easy. Here are the steps:
- Open the Microsoft Word document you want to count the number of text in.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see some document statistics, including the word count. If you do not see these statistics, follow these steps:
- On Windows: Right-click on the status bar at the bottom of the Word window (to the left of the zoom slider). Then, make sure the “Word Count” option is enabled.
- On Mac: Open the “View” menu at the top of the screen, then select “Word Count.”
- After you enable the “Word Count” option, the word count statistics for the document will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- This will include the word count, character count (including spaces), character count without spaces, paragraph count, and more.
That’s it! You can now view the word count in your document in the statistics displayed at the bottom of the screen. Make sure you have enabled the “Word Count” option in the status bar or in the “View” menu for the word count statistics to appear correctly.
Method 2: Using Word Count Tools
- Go to the Word Count Tools website.
- Paste your text into the provided column.
- Click “Submit.”
- Below, you will see a number; that’s the word count of your text.
How easy is it to count the number of text in an article on a blog? That’s it for my post this time; I hope it’s helpful. Happy blogging!